As a member of the community, we believe that we have a clear obligation and responsibility to serve the wider community's needs. By doing so we are able to fulfil the core values of our organisation and offer our staff a sense of involvement and participation in the community.
We are involved in a range of activities including:
- Provision of free legal advice, by a number of lawyers, to those members of the community who would otherwise be without legal assistance at local law centres, evening clinics and citizens advice bureaux. Legal advice is provided on housing, employment and family law problems.
- Supervision of BPP Law School students in their community legal advice clinics.
- Collyer Bristow has been supporting and championing new up-and-coming artists for over twenty years with a dynamic, independently curated programme featuring original exhibitions. The Collyer Bristow Graduate Art Award was set up to celebrate the flair, inventiveness and originality of emerging artists today, and the exhibition as a whole gives graduates what is often their first taste of participating in a professionally-curated exhibition in a major city. As well as supporting and promoting young artists, the proceeds from Collyer Bristow’s Christmas exhibitions are donated to one of the firm's adopted charities. The firm also makes the gallery available to charities to enable them to use it as a fund raising facility.
- The firm supports the Zacchaeus 2000 Trust, a non-denominational charity providing advice and representation to the vulnerable in debt, through charitable donations and legal advice.
- Collyer Bristow is involved generally in fundraising campaigns and sponsored events for charities.
- Collyer Bristow is registered with Heart of the City CSR programme delivery scheme.
We have recently taken on our first Apprentice, Sachi Fleming, who has joined our IT team. We are working closely with an apprenticeship provider who will provide training, which together with the work experience provided by the firm, will enable Sachi to develop in the area of IT support.
For further information please contact Stephen Gawne.