We specialise in arbitrating complex, high-value commercial disputes, often requiring ancillary English court proceedings for applications in support of the arbitration. We frequently work alongside lawyers from other jurisdictions whose clients are party to London-based arbitrations. We have a team dedicated to financial services disputes, and have a particular specialism in arbitrating such claims.
How we can help you
Our arbitration team has experience of:
- Arbitrations under various rules including those of:
- the London Court of International Arbitration (the LCIA)
- the International Chamber of Commerce (the ICC)
- the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (the LMAA)
- the JCT (Construction Industry Model Arbitration Rules, or CIMAR)
- the United Nations (UNCITRAL rules)
- Ad hoc arbitrations, and
- Court proceedings under the Arbitration Act 1996 including:
- enforcement (or resisting the enforcement) of domestic and foreign arbitral awards and working with foreign lawyers to enforce domestic awards overseas.
- “anti-suit injunctions” to stop overseas litigation of disputes which should be arbitrated
- injunctions to preserve assets in dispute in arbitral proceedings
- applications to compel witnesses to give evidence at arbitrations.