The employment law landscape is constantly evolving and can be a minefield for employers and employees. Employment law issues have never been more challenging, so it is vitally important for employers to keep abreast of new developments and make sure that they use new policies effectively to give them a competitive advantage in recruiting and retaining staff at all levels.
How we can help you
Based in Central London, our team of highly experienced employment lawyers is dedicated to providing practical and commercial solutions to all of your employment problems. We act for all types of employer clients; from international and UK corporations, to owner-managed businesses, charities and start-ups across all sectors. We regularly advise on day-to-day HR issues and assist with employment contracts and policies. We encourage and promote the early resolution of employment disputes but when that cannot be achieved, we fight our clients’ corners and steer them through the litigation process.
Our employment law services include:
- Boardroom disputes
- Claims in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and the High Court
- Discrimination and how to protect your business against allegations of discrimination
- Restrictive covenants and confidential information
- Fiduciary duties
- TUPE transfers, including an employer's consultation and information obligations
- Providing support on the employment aspects of corporate deals including drafting and advising on employment warranties and indemnities in sale agreements
- The termination of employment, including redundancies and agreed departures
- Employment status, including consultants, freelancers, fixed-term employees and agency workers
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and directors' service agreements
- Drafting and reviewing employment policies and procedures, including employee/staff handbooks
- Disciplinary and grievance processes
- Misconduct and poor performance
- Sickness absence
You can also follow our Employment team on Twitter: @CB_HRmatters
What our clients say
"Offering unrivalled expertise, Collyer Bristow has helped us overcome many legal challenges and become our trusted advisers. With legal advice that is fast, meticulous and tailored to your business, Collyer Bristow is highly recommended by Addison Lee."
“We are very grateful for the legal expertise, support and guidance given to us by Collyer Bristow’s Employment team. The level of service from Collyer Bristow is excellent and we would have no hesitation in recommending them.” - Neil Enright, Headmaster, Queen Elizabeth’s School Barnet
The team was recommended by Legal 500 UK, 2014.