Our recent investor claims experience includes:
- Representing a claimant whose large pension pot had been put into Lehman Brothers bonds on the basis of a bank's unjustified risk profile of the client.
- Acting for 20 overseas investors in proceedings alleging that their monies had been improperly invested in a risky hedge fund. The case involved serious allegations of conflict of interest, breach of fiduciary duty and the making of secret profits.
- Representing an overseas property fund in proceedings against London promoters for damages for breaches of duty caused by negligence and conflict of interest.
- Advising in a claim against an international investment bank that risky investments had been made without the client's authority.
- Acting for a claimant against a bank alleging that a bank employee had put the claimant into risky investments because he was motivated by high commission payments.
- Advising on the mis-selling of a single premium life insurance plan to a non-domiciled UK resident that was unsuitable for short term investment purposes and involved serious adverse tax consequences.
- Dealing with claims for monies lost on Madoff and AIG investments.
- Pursuing substantial claims by individual investors that investments were not made in accordance with the investors risk profiles and/or that the risk profiles were wrong and/or that there was negligence in the investment process.