The employment law landscape is constantly evolving and can be a minefield for employers and employees, particularly for those unfamiliar with UK rules.
How we can help you
Based in Central London, our team of highly experienced employment lawyers is dedicated to providing practical and commercial solutions to all of your employment problems. We act for all types of international clients; from international corporations with a large-scale UK presence to businesses starting up UK operations and individuals who may be looking to take up a UK role.
We regularly advise employer clients on day-to-day HR issues and assist with employment contracts and policies. For individuals, we advise at the outset of new employment or if a workplace dispute arises. Whether we are acting for an employer or an individual, we encourage and promote the early resolution of employment disputes but when that cannot be achieved, we fight our clients’ corners and steer them through the litigation process. We have contacts at a large number of foreign law firms and we regularly liaise with foreign lawyers to ensure that our clients receive the appropriate advice.
Examples of the work we do:
- Boardroom disputes
- Claims in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and information obligations
- Discrimination and how to protect your business against allegations of discrimination
- Restrictive covenants
- Fiduciary duties
- TUPE transfers, including an employer's consultation and information obligations
- Providing support on the employment aspects of corporate deals including drafting and advising on employment warranties and indemnities in sale agreements
- The termination of employment, including redundancies and agreed departures
- Employment status, including consultants, freelancers, fixed-term employees and agency workers
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and directors' service agreements
- Drafting and reviewing employment policies and procedures, including employee/staff handbooks
- Disciplinary and grievance processes
- Misconduct and poor performance
- Sickness absence
- Personal and business immigration
What our clients say
“We are very grateful for the legal expertise, support and guidance given to us by Collyer Bristow’s Employment team. The level of service from Collyer Bristow is excellent and we would have no hesitation in recommending them.” Neil Enright, Headmaster, Queen Elizabeth’s School Barnet
“The advice we received from our employment legal team is always commercially focused and reflects the business partnering approach adopted by their employment team.” Paul Mansi, Chief Operating Officer, Edwardian Group London